Your yoga practice begins as soon as you walk through the front door. Please be mindful of those who are already in the studio as many of our yogis choose to take some time before class to find stillness. Take into account the following in order to ensure that your practice, as well as your fellow yogi's practice is as equally enjoyable:
Positive all-inclusive space
At Spraoi Yoga, we have an amazing community feel where people can get to know other members and develop friendships with like-minded people. We strongly believe that yoga is the perfect exercise. It’s fun, relaxing and beneficial for the mind, body and soul.
We aim to maintain our positive space by ensuring that everyone who comes to Spraoi Yoga is made to feel welcome and part of our community. We ask that, as a Spraoi Yoga student, you treat all your fellow yogis with respect, regardless of level of yoga experience, age, race, gender, physical or mental ability, body type, or other perceived differences. After all, we are all here because of our love of yoga!
- Try to arrive 15 to 20 minutes prior to class to allow you plenty of time to get settled in the studio.
- Please ensure that your instructor checks you in as soon as you arrive to the studio.
- Once class begins, our doors will be locked. To avoid disrupting the class, absolutely no late entries will be permitted.
- The studio is a quiet space. Cell phone use and talking is NOT permitted during class.
- Due to limited space, please keep all personal items (including mobile devices) out of the studio room with the exception of your mat, towel and water. Personal items can be stored in the changerooms. Although the front remains locked for the duration of the class, we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please avoid touching the mirrors in the studio, as smears are difficult to clean in a hot yoga studio, and there often is not time between classes.
- Please leave your outdoor footwear at the front upon entering the studio.
- Avoid wearing perfumes or creams that may cause harm to others.
- Avoid practicing on a full stomach.
- Wear comfortable clothes. Layers are best.
- Come to class well hydrated and keep yourself hydrated after class :).
- Yoga is not a competitive sport so rest whenever needed. This is your practice; listen to your body.
- Only leave early if you must. We prefer that you stay through the end of class to avoid disturbing others during Savasana, and so that you can end your practice feeling balanced in both body and mind.
We hope you enjoy your Spraoi Yoga experience. If you have any questions, please contact us by email or talk to us at the studio.