Spraoi Yoga offers a number of workshops, series and events for kids, teens and adults throughout the year. Attending yoga workshops is a great way to dive deeper into a particular area.
Spraoi Kids' Yoga
This unique program introduces children to the practice of yoga through games, songs, discussion and art. During the four weekly sessions, children learn multiple yoga poses, get a chance to teach one another and create their own poses and sequences. The mental aspects of yoga are further explored through a weekly art project that follows the theme of each class. The concept of meditation is introduced as a means to calm the body and mind.
Yoga benefits your child by:
• Building self-confidence, self-esteem and self-awareness. Kids are encouraged to be creative and uniquely themselves.
• Improving focus, concentration, breathing, listening and relaxation skills.
• Developing physical fitness, such as strength, coordination, balance and flexibility, which compliment other physical activities enjoyed by kids.
• Teaching valuable life tools that help kids be happy and deal with challenges with an open mind and heart.
Spraoi Kids' Yoga is available for kids 4 to 6 and 7 to 9. Find the next available series on our workshop and events page.
Teen & Youth Yoga
At Spraoi, we want teens to be exactly who they are! Our Yoga for Teens class for ages 13+ nurtures self-expression allowing each individual to express him or herself creatively, while cultivating balance, courage, mindfulness and joy. Through a mix of invigorating yoga poses, calming breathing techniques, mind-quieting mantra and creative projects, teens develop essential life tools in a fun and safe space.
Essential Life Tools:
* Inner and outer strength
* Attention and concentration
* Stress reduction skills
* A heightened awareness of both oneself and others.
Yoga for Teens is a four-week series created for guys and girls aged 13+.
To find the next available series, visit our workshop and events page.